MISSION ~ Train and provide teams of skilled technicians to install wire, radio and navigational aid equipment. In addition, individual Airmen may be assigned to augment active Air Force installation teams and to perform depot level maintenance on electronic equipment. Assignments are in support of live projects at Air Force bases throughout the world.
- Constituted and Federally recognized as the 105th Communications Squadron on 27 February 1948.
- Redesignated 268th Communications Squadron (Operations), 1 July 1955.
- Redesignated Detachment 1, 269th Communications Squadron (Relay Center), 1 October 1960.
- Redesignated Detachment 1, 269th Mobile Communications Squadron (AFCCP), 15 March 1968.
- Redesignated and constituted 220th Electronics Installation Squadron.
- Federally recognized 6 November 1971.
- Redesignated 220th Engineering Installation Squadron, 1982.