The Ohio Army National Guard (OHARNG) is committed to environmental stewardship at all of our facilities and within our communities as a whole.
Energy consumption and natural resources conservation have a significant impact on mission sustainability and our ability to respond with ready units when called.
We have worked diligently since 2013 to reduce energy consumption and conserve natural resources by successfully implementing several energy reduction initiatives. We will continue reduce energy consumption and conserve natural resources in 2019 by undertaking the following initiatives:
- Install 246 new advanced meters to monitor electrical, gas, and water consumption at 82 facilities by 30 October 2019
- Conduct 50 ASHRAE Level II Energy Assessments by 30 July 2019 in order to identify energy efficiency projects
- Implement a comprehensive Energy Management and Conservation Plan by 30 February 2019
- Implement an Installation Energy and Water Plan by 21 December 2018
- Repair 5 Inverters and 3 Solar Array systems to bring them back to full productivity by 30 September 2019
- Complete LED lighting improvement projects at five OHARNG facilities by 30 July 2019
- Implement an Integrated Solid Waste Management Plan by 1 January 2019